Why You Should Get Teeth Whitening From a Dentist
A smile goes a long way, but what happens when your smile is looking a little dull? You can tackle this problem and brighten your smile with teeth whitening treatments. There are many whitening options available, but before you decide which option to use, you should do some investigating.
What Is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a dental procedure that involves bleaching your teeth to make them brighter. If you are considering this procedure, it is important to consult with your dentist to decide which whitening options are the most effective for you based on your oral health. If your teeth have a yellow hue, then it will most likely bleach well. If your teeth have a brown or gray hue, then it may bleach less well or not at all. Here are a couple whitening procedures you can choose from:
- At-home whitening: You can whiten your teeth at home by purchasing over-the-counter whitening kits that are sold at your local drugstore.
- In-office whitening: You can whiten your teeth at your dentist office by asking for a chair-side bleaching. This procedure usually requires only one office visit.
At-Home Whitening Versus In-Office Whitening
If you are struggling to decide between at-home whitening and in-office whitening, knowing more about each procedure may help you decide which option is right for you. Here are the key differences between at-home and in-office whitening:
At-Home Whitening Treatments
- Usually use peroxide-containing whiteners that will bleach the tooth enamel.
- Typically come in a gel and can be placed directly on your teeth or in a mouthguard.
- You can do it on your own.
- There are potential side effects such as increased sensitivity or gum irritation.
- It can take longer to see results due to a weaker bleaching agent.
In-Office Whitening Treatment
- It is performed by your dentist.
- He or she will apply either a protective gel to your gums or a rubber shield to protect your soft oral tissues before applying a bleaching agent to your teeth.
- You will see faster results because a special light or laser may be used to enhance and speed up the action of the whitening agent.
- You can get fitted for a custom-made whitening tray if your teeth or gums are sensitive.
- It is safer than at-home whitening treatments.
If you want your teeth to be brighter and whiter, the best option for you would be the in-office whitening treatment. You should get teeth whitening from a dentist because it is not only safer than over-the-counter whitening kits, but you will see results faster without irritating your gums.
Get Your Teeth Whitened at Duffield Dentistry!
Stop feeling self-conscious about your dull, stained teeth and refresh your smile with a teeth whitening treatment from Duffield Dentistry. Dr. Larry Duffield provides all aspects of dentistry and his whitening treatment is fast and effective! Contact us today at 877-630-7410 to book your appointment and make your smile the brightest it can be.