There’s nothing worse than a headache – except a chronic headache that won’t go away. If you’re experiencing headaches and jaw pain as a result of a TMJ disorder, it’s time to call Duffield Dentistry. Royal Oak TMJ treatment can provide a number of benefits:
- Ending pain in your jaw, neck, and shoulders.
- Protection from damaged teeth due to grinding.
- A solution to your headaches and migraines.
- Increased comfort while eating.
Don’t suffer any longer! Call us today at (248) 721-4502 to schedule your TMJ consultation. We’re located at 2009 Crooks Road, in the 48073 ZIP code.
Say Goodbye to Pain & Hello to Restful Nights
Your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is what connects your jaw to your skull, allowing you to talk, eat, and laugh. But it could also be what causes you pain! Other signs of a TMJ disorder, or TMD, include:
- Discomfort when you open your mouth wide
- Mouth “locking” in an open or closed position
- Chronic headaches or migraines
Fortunately, Duffield Dentistry has many options for a solution. We’ll begin treatment for your TMJ disorder by evaluating your bite. We’ll do this by giving you a custom-made deprogrammer appliance for a couple of weeks to allow us to see which unique TMJ treatment is best for you:
- Palliative muscle relaxant treatment refers to a specific type of muscle relaxant to help with your TMJ discomfort.
- Dental crowns and tooth bonding can help by reshaping your teeth to take stress off the joint if it’s caused by a bad bite.
- Adjusting your bite through orthodontic methods is a way to address TMJ disorder symptoms caused by misalignment.
- A custom-made mouthguard can help reduce stress on your TMJ from clenching or grinding your teeth.
As with athletic mouthguards and oral appliances for sleep apnea treatment, a mouthguard for a TMJ disorder works best when designed by an expert. A “boil and bite” mouthguard from your local drugstore will not have the important individualized adjustments we will make for you at Duffield Dentistry!
Make Headaches & Migraines Things of the Past With Our TMJ Treatment
Because the jaw joint muscles extend all the way to the temple, issues with this joint can cause severe headaches. Migraine headaches are some of the most severe that you can experience. And if your headaches or migraines are caused by a TMJ disorder, you can reduce or even eliminate them with our TMJ treatment.