You know regular visits to your dentist are the best way to keep your smile healthy and happy. But if you’re like 15 percent of the population, your dental anxiety is keeping you out of our office. At Duffield Dentistry, we understand! And we’re committed to providing you a low-stress environment. In addition, we offer two Royal Oak dental sedation options to make sure you’re safely able to relax. Oral sedation dentistry has a number of benefits beyond calming your anxiety:Dr. Duffield on Relieving Anxiety Read Transcript
We try to take things slow. We don't ever want to have somebody uncomfortable and I realize what it's like to be a dental phobic, so I think we've converted quite a few of them. If some people aren't able to get over their fears, we do sedation dentistry, so they're able to be basically put out while their dentistry's being done. And even with that being the case, some of the patients after a while start saying, “you know, I don't know if I need the sedation dentistry anymore.” I think we've really transformed some patients from, I think it's a fear of the unknown or a bad dental experience, and I think most of them come from bad dental experiences. So once they've realized, it's not going to hurt, they're in good hands, it's going to be quality dentistry, it relieves a lot of their fears and then over time they're able to relax and not be a dental phobic anymore.
- You will not be asleep, so you can participate in the procedure when necessary.
- You will not have to worry about your gag reflex.
- You will not remember your time in the chair, so there will be no bad memories.
- You will not be likely to experience any change in your vital signs.
- You will reduce your anxiety about future dental visits.
- You’ll enjoy peace of mind knowing that your smile is in great shape.
Whether you just need general dentistry or you wish you could upgrade your grin with cosmetic dentistry, you can get the look you want even if you’re afraid to visit the dentist. Overcome your fear and get the smile of your dreams. Call Duffield Dentistry today at (248) 721-4502 to get started. We’re located at 2009 Crooks Road in Royal Oak.
Beat Dental Anxiety at the Dentist’s Office
If you start feeling butterflies in your stomach once you’re in our office, we have several ways to help relieve your dental anxiety:
- We offer complimentary headphones, which can be very helpful if you’re stressed by the sounds of a dental office.
- Our staff is trained to help you feel as calm as possible. We employ special training for our team so they can help patients of all ages feel comfortable and relaxed while in our care.
- Your comfort is our priority, so we let you set the pace of your appointment. We’ll always make sure you’re comfortable before beginning a procedure. We also offer longer appointment times to help you feel more at ease.
- If you are still feeling nervous, we may offer inhaled sedation – better known as “laughing gas.” This will lower your anxiety and increase your pain threshold, ensuring you feel totally safe.
- If your dental anxiety flares up before you even leave your home, you may benefit from oral sedation. This is administered by a pill, which you’ll take as directed about an hour before your appointment. It will take effect before we begin your treatment, and you’ll feel completely relaxed.
Our Royal Oak dental sedation options are completely safe to use under the supervision of our highly trained team of dental health care professionals. Call Duffield Dentistry today at (248) 721-4502 to see how you can get the smile of your dreams without any fear.